Dr. Mangalam Swaminathan National Award for Excellence in Art and Culture awarded to Mubarak Nissa
New Delhi, Delhi, India (NewsView) The Dr Mangalam Swaminathan Foundation has announced ten prestigious national awards in various fields including excellence in journalism, science reporting, art and culture, medical malpractice investigation and social services for the year 2020 and 2021. The winners will receive a cash award of Rs. 1 lakh, citation and souvenir at the annual National Award of Excellence ceremony.
Art designer and alumnus of the University of Academic Art of San Francisco, Mubarak Nisaa won the Dr. Mangalam Swaminathan National Award in the Art and Culture category for her excellent world-renowned academic results and acclaimed paintings that have attracted appreciation from all over the world. Mubarak Nissa, daughter of Anwer MP and NaseemaAnwer, is from Dharmadom, Kannur Dist. in Kerala and currently based in Dubai. Recently the government. of the United Arab Emirates awarded Mubarak Nissa Golden Visa membership status for his exemplary contribution to artistic creations and ideas.
The list of other laureates is as follows: • The Excellence in Journalism Award 2020 – RK Sinha, President, Hindustan Samachar for his passion for writing, investigating and the messianic spirit pursuing journalism throughout his life.
• The 2020 Excellence in Science Reporting Award goes to Varughese Thomas, Associate Editor, Malayala Manorama, for his dedicated, cohesive and brilliant reporting on science, scientific discoveries and personalities.
• The 2020 Medical Malpractice Investigation Excellence Award goes to Ms. Pushpa Girimaji for her exceptionally brilliant reporting on medical malpractice, exposing consumer grievances and lifelong achievements as an investigator passionate about empowering consumers.
• The DattopantThengadi Seva Samman Award in Social Service-2020 is awarded to Aji Krishnan, HRDS India, for his pioneering work in adivasis regions and the construction of thousands of homes for the homeless in remote rural areas of the country.
• The Dr Mangalam Swaminathan National Award for Excellence in Journalism for 2021 goes to Shriram C. Joshi, Associate Editor, Pudhari Daily for his reporting skills, prolific writing and commitment to the truth.
• The Award for Excellence in Science Reporting-2021 is awarded to Shalabh Upadhyay, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, NEWJ for his excellence in promoting science, technology, culture and national interest through social media of the new era.
• The Award of Excellence in Art and Culture-2021 is awarded to Ganesh PR, web consultant at Organizer Weekly for popularizing Indian art and culture and for his outstanding achievements as a poet, writer and social activist.
• The Medical Malpractice Investigation Award-2021 goes to lawyer ApoorvKurup for his legal battles to protect social justice and personal safety.
• The DattopantThengadi Seva Samman Prize is awarded to Suresh Jain of Bharat Vikas Parishad for his commitment to social service and commendable aid to humanity during floods, cyclones and COVID-19.
The annual National Award of Excellence ceremony will take place at 4:30 p.m. on November 29 at NDMC’s main auditorium at Sansad Marg in New Delhi.
Image: Ms. Mubarak Nissa, PWR PWR art designer
(This story was not edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)